About Walk for Parkinson's
We want to come together this fall to Walk for Parkinson’s! We are planning to be able to walk in person together in September. You have the opportunity to register in person, or register to walk virtually.
To participate in person, simply plan to attend your nearest walk location at a time that works best for you between the hours our volunteers will be available at the park. Please ensure you are following all local COVID-19 public health regulations to attend.
We will continue to monitor the situation and all public health measures will be followed.
What is Walk for Parkinson's?
Walk for Parkinson’s is an opportunity for the community to come together to support those impacted by Parkinson’s Disease in Southwestern Ontario.
- Register online
- Take part as an individual or as a team
- Collect cash, cheque and online donations
- Walk Sept 11 & 12
Don’t feel comfortable attending an in person walk?
No problem – join us virtually and get creative!
- Take a ride down the elevator and back up
- Hang a sign in your window with a message of hope and awareness for Parkinson’s
- Take a little mini walk down your driveway and back or around your home
Interested? Here is how to get started…
1. Register online at walkforpd.ca or give us a call at 1-888-851-7376.
2. Email a message to your friends, family, and people who have supported you in the past. Let them know that you’re planning to Walk for Parkinson’s in September. Invite them to join you by registering to walk, donate or to be part of your online fundraising team.
3. Make a donation and invite friends and family to do the same. Printable pledge forms are available to download in your participant center.
4. Stay up to date by ensuring we have your email, checking our website and following us on social media for the latest updates. @ParkinsonSocietySWO on Facebook and @parkinsonswo on Instagram. Posting something fun? Use the hashtag #WALKFORPD and tag us!