Stratford & Area WALK THE BLOCK
September 12 & 13
Event Directions: map
Attend our LIVE Virtual KICK OFF!
September 12 @ 9:00 am
Click here to set yourself a reminder or save the link
“Together forever, never apart, maybe in distance but NEVER in HEART!”
Although things might look different this year, we can still support one another. We know you are passionate, resilient and that there’s hundreds of others just like you all working together to make this Parkinson’s community the amazing support network that it is.
Parkinson’s Disease knows no boundaries and can affect anyone. Maybe you’re walking for your mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, cousin, friend or even you.
So, let’s continue in that spirit and be unstoppable this September as we WALK THE BLOCK for Parkinson’s.
- REGISTER online at www.walktheblock.ca or give us a call at 1-888-851-7376. Usually join as a team? You don’t have to be together physically to be a TEAM. So contact your family and your friends and create your team page!
- Email out a message of HOPE to your friends, family and people who have supported you in the past. Let them know that despite COVID-19 – we’ve found a way to be able to come together – even though we are apart. Invite them to join you by registering to walk their own block, to donate or to be part of your online team.
- Share pictures with friends and family via email or social media of the WALK-IT for Parkinson’s you’ve attended in the past. Let them know that times like these are when we can look back to remind ourselves to have HOPE for what’s to come! Use the hashtag #WALKTHEBLOCKPD and tag us! @ParkinsonSocietySWO on Facebook and @parkinsonswo on Instagram.
- If you have not been as heavily impacted financially, please consider making a donation. We invite you, if you have the means, to support the work that is happening by donating and inviting friends and family who also have the means right now to make a pledge.
- Can’t walk your block? No problem! There’s other things you can do! Take a ride down the elevator and back up! Hang a sign in your window with a message of hope and awareness for Parkinson’s. Take a little mini walk down your driveway and back. Tape a sign on your garage door. Be creative!