2021 Port Elgin, Kincardine & Area Walk for Parkinson's
Sunday, September 12, 2021
Fairy Lake Trail - 260 High Street
Between the hours of: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Event Directions: map
This September, we will come together to Walk for Parkinson's!
You have the opportunity to register in person, or register to walk virtually.
To participate in person, simply plan to attend the walk location at a time that works best for you. Volunteers will be available and ready to greet you! Please ensure you are following all local COVID-19 public health regulations to attend, including wearing a mask and practising social distancing.
We will continue to monitor the situation and all public health measures will be followed. Please stay tuned for any updates.
How can I Walk for Parkinson's?
- Take part as an individual or as a team
- Collect cash, cheque and online donations
- Participate in one of our walks in September
Don’t feel comfortable attending an in person walk?
No problem – join us virtually and get creative!
- Take a ride down the elevator and back up
- Hang a sign in your window with a message of hope and awareness for Parkinson’s
- Take a little mini walk down your driveway and back or around your home
Interested? Here is how to get started…
1. Register online at walkforpd.ca or give us a call at 1-888-851-7376.
2. Email a message to your friends, family, and people who have supported you in the past. Let them know that you’re planning to Walk for Parkinson’s in September. Invite them to join you by registering to walk, donate or to be part of your online fundraising team.
3. Make a donation and invite friends and family to do the same. Printable pledge forms are available in your participant centre.
4. Stay up to date by ensuring we have your email, checking our website and following us on social media for the latest updates. @ParkinsonSocietySWO on Facebook and @parkinsonswo on Instagram. Posting something fun? Use the hashtag #WALKFORPD and tag us!