Tips for Fundraising in 2020
- Donate to yourself first! When your friends, family and co-workers see your commitment, they will know how important this is to you and will support you too!
- Sometimes it is more convenient to fundraise in person (where possible). Pledge forms can be found in your Participant Centre or by calling 1-888-851-7376.
Asking for Donations
We understand that COVID19 has impacted people in various ways and that you may have reservations asking for donations. We are all feeling the financial fears and burdens at this time. We recognize that continued support comes in all different ways. Don’t forget, people donate and show their support because they care about YOU and they care about YOUR cause, YOUR fight, YOUR passion. This year, more than ever before, it’s up to YOU to show your community that you walk to support the fight against Parkinson’s Disease.
- Tell your friends! - Let donors know who you’re walking your block for this September by updating your photo and story on your personal page. This will help your supporters see the value of their donation. Remember, they are donating because they care about YOU and your connection to Parkinson’s.
- Link your personal page - Include a message about the walk with a link to your personal donation page in your email signature
- 10 People, 10 Gifts Challenge - Start a family, friends and co-workers challenge by asking 10 people to each ask 10 other people to give a gift of $10, this can easily add up to $1,000 total!
- Use Online Giving - Technology isn’t always our best friend, but did you know that the average online donation in 2018 was $147. Online giving is fast, easy and secure!
- Get Your Office Involved - Ask your workplace to support your walk! Consider asking them for a corporate sponsorship or allowing a dress down day where all donations collected are donated to your walk! Some employers even have a program where they will match donations made. Check with your HR department! If none of those work, consider asking your workplace to put in a team to the walk! Invite your co-workers to walk as part of your team not physically but together in Spirit! They can all walk their blocks!
- Social Media - Consider using social media to fundraise for your walk! Post the link to your personal page on Facebook by using the 'Share' buttons on your walk personal fundraising page. Don't forget to tell people why you’re looking for support in the 'Say something about this...' section of your post.
- Miss You Emails - Physical distancing means that we might have to skip our family reunions and BBQ’s, so in place of getting together, send a “missing you” email to your family. Update them on why you will be walking your block in September, and provide them a link to your personal donation page.
- Create a fun challenge - between family and friends! See who can be the best dressed or raise the most support or who can walk the farthest! You don’t have to walk together physically to still have fun!